Balint's 1st Blog



October 21st, 2019

Period 3 English

Agenda
- Blog Corrections
- Q, Q, Song
- Inktober (Treasure)
- Reader's Workshop

HW
- RJ 10.1
I.O.&B.A pg. 112-161


Nick, you have picked a fight with the wrong guy. I had this whole plan set up perfectly, I was going to get picked last, and then I'd pick myself to be first, so I don't have to go through this whole mess again, but you just had to go and mess it up. How many times does a person need to tell you to "pick An'ya" before you do? Now I'm here, stuck at an awkward third-to-last place. So hey, thanks a lot.

Nevertheless, I still have some things to write about. I'm not especially used to writing things like these, even more especially at a very fast pace. So, I got picked, and we watched a live rendition of today's quote by Warsan Shire: "No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark." The meaning of this quote was decided to be that nobody leaves their home unless they're out of choices, and it becomes too dangerous to stay. Next, we discussed this week's question, "Do people spend too much time on screens?"  This single topic just went on for at least a good ten minutes, what with so many people having something to say on the question, leading to off-topic conversations, leading people even more off track, and so on and so forth. People are out here saying that they have eight hours on screens by the end of the week, and all I can think to myself is "I spend nearly that much time on a screen every day..." Sure, that would be more justified if the time was spent with others, but I really just get home and spend 90% of my time out of school on a computer waiting for somebody to talk to. This of course, means that nobody ever does, and I just end up binging The Office for the fifth time now. About time to move on to the song chosen for this week, "Black Boys on Mopeds" by Sinead O'Connor. The song is about tragedies around the world, including those in Beijing and the United Kingdom. This lead to a conversation on what's happening in China right now with the protesters, and Blizzard Entertainment censoring anything in support to the protests. 

Moving on to Inktober, with today's theme being treasure. Bell's ringing in a mere two minutes, so I'm going to have to hurry this up. Anyway, we saw a few lovely little art pieces from a few people, and now I'm panicking and making a spelling mistake with every word, whew boy. 

Well, I might as well just run spell check and hurry this up a bit, so have a nice day to everyone! (Except for Nick that is.)

Comments