Olivia's First Blog

Agenda
  • Blog Corrections
  • RJ
  • Reading Strategies
  • Reading Workshop
HW
  • Summer Passports due Monday 8/26
  • Book Projects due 8/29

Wow. Sean really just told Elliot to make me do this. Wow. Now, Henry is laughing at me. Thanks a lot Thic Schmitt.

We got another class point on the board. We have 10 now. Yay. We are going to get pizza. (I wasn't sure if I should put an explanation point after, "yay" because Ms.Nakada says we only get three to use all year, and I don't want to waste it in the first week.)

We are starting off the class by checking homework. Mr. Watson is announcing that we are going to have a fire drill either at 3rd or 4th period. I'm not really sure. Ian just shared his summary of The Outsiders chapter two. Sean and Henry are BOTH laughing at me now. (I don't understand what's so funny.)

Ms. Nakada has explained how our Reading Journal points work. Just in case you forgot, each entry is worth 5 points. If you miss a key idea, then you lose one point. Now we are taking out our English notebooks, and finishing our Cornell Notes. 

Cornell Notes are done, and we are reading silently. I am going to read The Sun Is Also A Star. Not much is happening right now so I'll look around and tell you what I have observed:

  • Ms. Nakada is checking Reading Journals
  • Kelsey is reading Sarah's Key
  • Sophie is also reading The Sun Is Also A Star
  • Ulyses is reading The Outsiders
  • The AC is on, and I am getting cold
Well, now class is over, and we are packing up. I enjoyed writing this blog.





Comments