Liliana's Second Blog




Blog Corrections
Q.Q. Song
InkTober: Catch
NaNoWriMo Prep
HW: RJ 11.1 read 20-30 min. and record.

     At the start of the period, Olivia read her blog. Then, she asked if someone wanted to write the blog. I, of course, raised my hand. I was not about to be picked last. Next, we discuss the Quote of the Week, which is, "If there is a book you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." We talked about how some people have asked Ms. Nakada for books with specific themes which don't exist yet, and how she thinks you should take the opportunity and write a book yourself. After that, we went over the Question of the Week, "Do teachers assign too much homework?" You could've heard a pin drop, probably because it would've been too awkward to give an example of someone who does.

     Later, we listened to the song. According to Ms. Nakada, it was a deep song about thinking. She asked about the presence of paradox, (basically a more philosophical oxymoron), and I raised my hand. I was going to say something else. Good thing she (Ms. N.) didn't pick me to answer. Quickly, she transitioned to InkTober. Not much happened during the 6 minutes. One thing I noticed was people trying to catch up on their old drawings. (I was too nervous to turn around so I couldn't name anyone)

     Somehow, I totally missed the novel packets getting passed out. Whoever gave it to me must've been a wizard. Ms. Nakada talked about our Inner Editor, an annoying gremlin in the back of our minds as we write. Apparently, we shouldn't share our novels with our friends, for fear of meaningless critique. Next, we discussed our model novels. A very dark book idea was presented by Ms. Nakada, where gravity slowly stops working. Afterwards, we had to make two lists with three good and three bad books. A few people, such as Edie, Ian, and Kaio(?- Idk if he shared but I heard him talking lol) raised their hands and shared the good books on their list. Then, Balint, Elliot, Jacob, and Gabby shared the bad books. (Shade was thrown). 

     Finally, iPads were passed out. In the time when people were collecting them, I asked Sean who I should pick for the blog. He asked who I wrote about, and I said no-one. Honestly, I still didn't know who I was choosing. Ms. Nakada mentioned that other sites could come up, and I'm glad they didn't for me. Anyway, that's all for now, I'll see y'all later, baiiiii :) And Ariel.

Comments