Yasmine's Second Blog

Agenda

Blog-corrections
NaNo Notes
Writer's Workshop

HW: NaNoWriMo 40% by Tuesday!

Hi everyone, welcome to my second blog. All day today Sophie has been telling me how she is not going to choose me for the blog, but look at where we are now. Anyways, we start off the day by correcting Sophie's blog, and of course, she gets our class a point (and now we have seven). Next, Ms. Nakada tells us to take out our English notebooks to take "NaNo Notes." The class has a small debate on what page we're on in our notebooks, and I'm pretty sure our final answer was page 14.

We start the notes, and the first topic is developing character. There were a lot of examples for developing character such as: physical appearance, bedroom, favorite foods, music, artists, books, etc. Then, we move on to the next topic of our notes, which is a video on "The Hero's Journey." The video explains that "The Hero's Journey" is a cycle of time. The video also tells us how we are all heroes, even if we aren't dragon-slaying super-heroes.

In the middle of class, Ms. Nakada has a small moment where she is very excited about her spicy chicken sandwich from Popeye's (I mean, I would be too). We continue our notes by drawing a diagram of the "ordinary" and "special" world. I turn around, and Henry shakes his head at me, and Ariel and Eva beg me to put them in the blog, so there you go.

Everyone gets logged on to the website for NaNoWriMo, and once again Edie gets a stand on her iPad. Lucky. Eva makes her own unstable stand with a water bottle, and Henry keeps staring at me. Sean walks up to me and asks if I can mention him, and then he says "period." Henry shakes his head at me again, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

We only have ten minutes left for class, so I'm just going to mention people. Once everyone has settled in for NaNo, I notice that Ian keeps having problems with his keyboards not connecting to his iPad. I'm pretty sure he's tried at least four different keyboards. Jaxon and Nikko keep talking to each other. Lawrence and Eva wave at me. Sophie looks over at me, and I can see the pain in her eyes from the stress of doing NaNo. We end the day by Ms. Nakada asking us our percentages for NaNo, and Olivia is already at 61%, I can easily say she's a role model for our class.

We have one minute left of class, so I'm going to end my blog here. Happy Friday, or Monday I guess, because that's when I'll be reading this. Oh, and have fun doing the blog Edie.

Comments