Jacob's Third Blog



Agenda
Blog Corrections
Taking a Stand: BLM
Literature Circles

HW: RJ 4.3, read for 20-30 min.
Open house from six to eight tomorrow.

   I have to do the blog now. Sad times... and to Yasmine: I will remember this.


   So first we just finished correcting Yasmine's blog, and it was good. We are talking about the Black Lives Matter movement right now. I brought up the murder of Trayvon Martin, and now Ms. Nakada is continuing with what I said. She's saying how his death resulted in the growth of the BLM movement. 

   Now we are watching a video. There's a clip, and I wasn't paying attention, but I think there was someone just dead on the street? Right now it's talking about social media activism, showing examples through twitter. There were also clips of people protesting. I think I remember one of the people in the video talking about getting tear gassed, and that was what caused them to become a protester. Ms. Nakada asked people for quotes from the video. Nobody raised their hand so I guess we are gonna do this again. We watched it again and now people have some quotes. Ian said a quote: "We are living history and making it." Alina and Gabby said quotes too. 

   Now we are starting literature circles. Okay I tripped.... that wasn't cute. Speaking of not cute, here's the photo:

   That didn't work. I guess I'll give a detailed description of the photo; my face was serving gremlin realness and Yasmine looked kinda dusty. I wish Sophie was in the photo but she decided to abandon us; I will remember this as well. Okay time to read.

   Now that we finished literature circles, Ms. Nakada started writing down summaries for the 29th, 30th, and 31st. The bell rang oh crap uh bye-

Comments