Andria's First Blog

Agenda:


Blog · corrections

Inktober: Ancient

RJ✓: I.O. & B.A. Parts 1 & 2

HW: RJ 10.3 Read I.O. & B.A. p. 227-260



Finally, I have to do the blog. To be honest, I'm pretty happy that I was able to avoid doing it for this long. Anyway, obviously we started the day by checking An'ya's blog. (Sorry if I got that wrong) Then, we moved on to Inktober, and today's prompt was ancient. I drew a pyramid for that, and thankfully, since I'm a few prompts ahead, I worked on dizzy and tasty, which are the prompts for the next two days. So, since I was bored, I looked around to see what was going on. Most people were doing their work, and I noticed Sean staring off into space. Kaio, Olivia, Ian, and Emma showed their drawings, which were pretty cool, and Gabby put Mr. Hastings. No reaction, unfortunately. I'm kinda lonely just sitting here, but now we're moving on to reading journal check.

Everyone read their summarized poems to each other, and then we opened our English notebooks to make a new page for I.O. & B.A. We went back over some poems, like "Feel Smart," and people said they liked Ha because she's rebellious and devious. We also learned that the Communists captured her father, so they hope he's okay and hopefully not dead. Ha is also able to get a bit out of her mother's life, and we learn that her family was rich, but they split apart. Also, papayas apparently symbolize hope in the book, and it's funny to me because my parents hate papayas. They always make me eat them.

Anyway, we're still going over the book, and I look back and see Sophie make eye contact with me. She nods, and I get confused because I don't know what she's trying to say. Continuing on, we read and see that Hà is leaving on a ship with her family. Oh, the bell's gonna ring soon, so I should wrap this up quickly. So, to summarize part 1, it's about Ha's life in Saigon, but they have to leave at the end.

Okay, I guess I had fun writing this blog? So yeah. Bye now, and good luck to the next person doing this.

Comments