edie's third blog


Agenda:

Blog corrections
Taking a Stand
Lit. circles

Homework:
Have a safe weekend!

Wow, I do not want to be doing this :(. First, we corrected Amanda's blog, and she got us a point. Yay! Gabby waved at me, blew me a kiss, and wished me good luck. We started talking about our personal experiences with taking a stand, and Gabby asked if Henry beating up his brother for taking his XBox was taking a stand. That's a bit debatable. Ms. Nakada explained that the evidence for our personal example was going into detail on what happened. My example of taking a stand is telling Ulyses to stop calling me a crackhead. What a bully.

My hands are shaking. *insert that one emoji with wide eyes* Jacob presented his example, which was being born. Alina presented hers, which was telling Mr. Perez she deserved a higher test grade. Kelsey shared hers, which was going to the strike with her mom. Olivia's was writing a speech and debate piece on dress code. 

 Then, the class moved tables for literature circles, with Kaio screaming "Go, Go, Go," as usual. Our time was 16 seconds, which is pretty slow compared to what we've done before. Sean wanted to be in the blog, so we took a picture:


The class got into their groups, and we all started reading. Right now I'm reading March 3. I already finished To Kill a Mockingbird, I'm just too cool for school. 😎 That's supposed to be the cool emoji, but I don't think it worked. Amanda passed hiiiiiiiiiii -Amanda. Ms. Nakada walked around and checked our reading journals. Olivia asked me to put her in the blog, so I did. Ariel, Eva, and Jason were talking to each other. Olivia walked by and poked me on the shoulder.

The class wrote about what they read, and they moved tables back. They took nine seconds. Wow, what a squad.

Comments